The Volocopter is an all-electric vertical take-off aircraft that is much easier to fly than any helicopter on the market today. It is extremely safe due to the large degree of built-in redundancy. In addition, the Volocopter produces no emissions as it is electrically powered, and is much more silent than a classic helicopter. The Volocopter represents a revolution in mobility.
To support our strong growth, we are currently recruiting a new colleague for the role of
Software Engineer for Aerospace Embedded Systems
It is our unique flight control software that makes all the difference in making the Volocopter extremely safe to fly. With your specific embedded software experience you contribute directly to the constant improvement of a safe, simple and comfortable flight experience. Cooperating with top tier business partners you are a substantial part of our flight control team.
- Develop software for the Volocopter flight control system and other onboard systems.
- Create software specifications.
- Define software design and architecture in close cooperation with hardware engineers.
- Cooperate closely with external software development partners.
- Support software verification efforts in accordance with applicable industry standards.
- Improve internal software development standards.
- Deploy agile software development methods.
- Commission test and prototype equipment.
- Coordinate and execute software testing.
- Support flight test activities.
- BS, MS or equivalent degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or related fields required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in software and systems engineering for aerospace applications.
- Extensive knowledge of software development for aerospace applications to the DO-178B/C standard.
- Very good software development skills in C, ideally experience with model-based software development and code generation (e.g. SCADE)
- Ideally experience with digital bus standards (SPI, I²C, …).
- Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility and accountability
- Team player, ability to organize and “get things done”, self starter, flexibility
- Very good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Fast growing high tech company with a supreme network of business partners
- Inspiring working environment with modern work spaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, positive leadership, great team
- Personal responsibility, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- Competitive salary and employee benefits
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
Want to join our team?
If you want to contribute to the next revolution in personal mobility, please send us your application.
07251 / 936 94 - 0
D-76646 Bruchsal, Germany
Print version »